I am revisiting a 16-years old case with new developments and new facts. This is a very comprehensive analysis of the incident. This post will be updated as new information is available.
- Sept 25, 2002 – Publication of a photo of actress Shrisha Karki in Jana Aastha weekly
- Sept 30, 2002 – Shrisha Karki committed suicide, by hanging herself in her home.
- July 21, 2004 – Journalists Kishor Shrestha, Bishow Mani Subedi, and Padam Raj Pandey cleared by the Chief District Officer from any wrong doing.
- March 7, 2007 – Uddhav Bhandari burned himself at the Eagle Building, Glasgow, Scotland
- March 18, 2007 – Uddhav Bhandari died of the injuries caused by his suicide attempt.
Other important dates
- August 2001 – Uddhav Bhandari went to the United Kingdom and sought Asylum .
- Late 2002 – Kishor Shrestha applied for the UK visa and got rejected.
Who is Shrisha Karki?
Shrisha was told to be 24-years-old at the time of the incident. She was beautiful and a talented actress – a rising star in Nepali film industry with a great career ahead. Here is the biography of Shrisha Karki actress – where you can see almost 20 films featuring the actress. Attached is the poster of one of the movies featuring Shrisha Karki, released after her death.
According to the report published in the newspaper, the actress was working as a prostitute. She had relationships with high level politicians, police officers and army officers. Another actress, Sunita Khadka was accused of working as a mediator for a lot of other actresses including Shrisha Karki.
Why did Shrisha Karki took such an extreme action?
Why people are not safe from the journalists?
Follow up on Uddhav Bhandari’s case:
More update videos are coming soon.
2002 – Manjushree Thapa’s article in Nepali Times – http://archive.nepalitimes.com/news.php?id=5352#.WzNzx3NOkwA
Uddhav Bhandari case in UK:
2007 BBC News – http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6468103.stm
2007 The Guardian News https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/mar/20/immigration.immigrationandpublicservices
2007 The Hearld News – http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/news/display.var.1270770.0.0.php
2007 THT News – http://www.thehimalayantimes.com/fullstory.asp?filename=6a9Ta6qa.9amal&folder=aHaoamW&Name=Home&dtSiteDate=20070317
2007 – The Times of India questioned Bhandari’s claims and accused him of blackmail. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/NEWS/World/Rest_of_World/UK_suicide_ends_Nepal_sleaze_saga/articleshow/1790562.cms
2007 – The Scotsman report – http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=417002007
2007 The Sunday Herald news http://www.sundayherald.com/news/heraldnews/display.var.1284371.0.friends_launch_fund_to_send_nepal_refugees_body_home.php